Jack Witt Introduction Blog

     Hello, my name is Jack Witt. I live in Fairbanks Alaska, and am studying computer science at UAF. Completing ART 200X will fulfill one of my Bachelor of Arts GERs. I have a very scientific mind, and am studying art to help me relax and slow down to see the beauty that mankind has created. By studying art, I hope to learn how to design computer graphics that will be pleasing to look at.

                                      image sourced from brittannica.com

      This image shows the Louvre Pyramid at Versailles in France. This work of art appeals to me because of the geometric brilliance it shows. It is something I would like to see in-person someday. To me, it feels simple, but captivating. 

    I do not see myself as an artist in the fine arts sense. I do not paint or draw much, but I did practice martial arts for nine years. This is a different kind of art from what I expect to be studying in this class, but it deserves it classification of "art" because it is practiced to be perfected, and martial arts are all about practice and improvement. Art is a way of exploring and expressing one's mind. Even though I don't actively create art, I have experience drawing with multiple media.

A link to more information about the Louvre Pyramid

Comments

  1. I do think this class will be helpful with computer graphics. I am not an artist either, I'm a musician. But I have to use graphic design ALL the time for visual appeal in my music business. I am constantly drawing on my training in the visual arts. Glad I have this background, and I'm still learning constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Louvre is on my bucket list of places to visit. My wife, who happens to be an Architect, would only like to visit just to see the pyramid, while I on the other hand would love to see the works of art. I thought that I would be stationed in Europe at some point in my career, but I have not been offered that opportunity.

    I will have to disagree on the comment made by The Ukulele Fool concerning that this class will not help with computer graphics. By understanding what is visually appealing to the masses, it may help with the construction of visual designs and backgrounds used to create websites. This can be a way to gain site visit traction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jack!
    It's nice to meet you, your connection to study art and finding a way to relate that to designing computer graphics is pretty cool. I too have always wanted to see the Lourve pyramid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool that you are finishing your GERs. I have one more class before I finish mine. I love France is the Lourve is one of the places I would like to go to.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Art Analysis Blog

Classic Era - Art and Scientific Discovery